Enter in a campus-wide competition for your chance to be the next leading anchor of YBOT’s WE-TV, Western Entertainment news.
Western Entertainment Television, also known as WE-TV, is a student-run newscast, reporting local, campus, and entertainment news. YBOT needs FOUR students to take the roles of lead male anchor, lead female anchor, entertainment anchor, and sports anchor.
Students interested are asked to submit a 1-minute video package on a story of their choice. Video submissions will be excepted on a rolling basis. Students can vote for their favorite video’s by visiting the YBOT Facebook page. (See link below)
Competition winners will not only gain experience in the field of broadcast media, but will also gain automatic membership to the YBOT organization. Don’t miss this opportunity to be the face of WE-TV and have your voice heard by hundreds of WMU studetns!
Polls will close February 15th at midnight and winners will be announced on the February 8th by noon.
Requirements for Video Submissions:
- at least 1-minute, no longer than 2-minutes
- News coverage can be on any topic with the exception of weather reporting.
- Students may only compete for 1 anchor spot…(male lead anchor, female lead anchor, sports anchor, OR entertainment anchor)
- Video package must include one opening and closing stand-up, along with a minimum of one interview.
- participants must be enrolled as a student at Western Michigan University
Students are asked to post their video submission on YouTube with 2-3 sentences as to why they should be chosen for “The Spot”. Please title your video with your first and last name, along with “YBOT’s Search for The Spot” (ex: Billy Jean- YBOT’s Search for The Spot).
Next and final step, email the YouTube link for your video to the YBOT eboard at firstname.lastname@example.org. YBOT will post your video to the YBOT Facebook page for student viewing. Please refer to the YBOT Facebook page link listed below. Please send an email to email@example.com with futher questions.